The primary objective of General Accounting & Accounting Services is to assist departments with accounting and financial reporting, including:
- Coordinating the development of financial policies and procedures.
- Designing high-level accounting processes that support the overall functions of the University.
- Providing guidence to institutional business process owners in the interpretation of complex accounting and financial policy issues.
- Governing and maintaining the University's Chart of Accounts (COA).
- Providing guidence & advice to Lead Administrators and other departmental staff on accounting and internal reporting issues, COA usage and financial structures.
- Developing monitoring mechanisms to pinpoint financial, reporting, or application problem areas and propose actions to resolve issues.
- Providing communications to keep the user community informed of the most recent developments.
- Answering specific questions on the General Ledger and other General Accounting applications such as Labor Distribution (LD), Journal Staging Area (JSA) and Data Warehouse Portal.
- Designing and providing training programs for specific financial applications and activites.
- Participating in enhancement recommendations and testing of application changes.